SysTools Outlook Exporter is a plug-in that lets you export mail records found in EnCase Forensic into a Microsoft Outlook PST format file, with no need to install Microsoft Outlook on the machine.
The plug-in package includes SysTools Outlook Viewer, which lets you view the exported PSTs in an Outlook-friendly manner, again without the requirement of having Outlook installed on your local machine. It supports Microsoft Outlook versions 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003 and 2000. With this plug-in, digital forensic investigation teams can enhance the power of EnCase in making their investigations faster.
- Operating System: Windows 7, Windows Server, Windows XP
- EnCase: Version 7.07
- Processor: 32-bit
The SysTools Outlook Exporter lets you:
- Export email to Microsoft Outlook’s .PST format
- Eliminate dependency on the Outlook application
- Maintain the folder hierarchy of the source file
- Preserve message integrity; i.e., all properties are exported to .PST
- Take advantage of support for Microsoft Outlook 2003, 2007, 2010, and 2013
- View the exported .PST using SysTools Outlook Viewer, which comes packaged with the plug-in.
Following are the steps for installing the SysTools Outlook Exporter plugin.
- Launch the installer and accept the EULA
Fig. Installation: EULA
- Select the destination directory to install the plugin. This path should be the EnCase installation folder path.
Fig. Installation: EnCase Installation Path
- Once you click on install, the necessary files will be copied to your machine.
Fig. Installation: Finish Installation
- On the installation completion window, once you hit on finish, there will be couple of batch files which will automatically be executed, thus completing the installation process.
- Enable the SysTools plug-in by running the Enpack file from the “SysTools Outlook Exporter” from the installation folder through EnCase.
Fig. Run the Enpack
How to Use the Plug-in
After loading the e-mail-related data and analyzing it, Version 7 users can now use the SysTools plug-in to export the emails to PST file. Once the emails are analyzed, follow the three simple steps below.
- Select the desired mails to export and click on “SysTools Outlook Exporter” option.
Fig. Export Emails
- Select the destination path where the Microsoft Outlook PST file needs to be created.
- View the exported .PST file with SysTools Outlook Viewer.